Arrival is Hiring on the post of Design Engineer
Arrival is creating best-in-class electric vehicles using a radical new method of design and production. We work with some of the world’s leading businesses and governments to achieve our goal of redefining mobility and transport ecosystems, transforming how people and goods travel and enhancing urban environments for all communities.
Innovation, rapid development and testing help us to push the boundaries. Our New Method takes our portfolio of patented technologies created in-house, and combines it with assembly in Arrival Microfactories. It’s a groundbreaking approach, leading to products with maximum functionality, peak efficiency, and an elevated experience – at a much more competitive price than other electric vehicles, and even fossil fuel vehicles.
We’ve assembled some of the finest minds in software, engineering, AI and robotics and we are now seeking an Interior Design Engineer.
Location – London
- Responsible for contributing to the design development, execution, and delivery of the interior trim systems.
- All parts designed must meet their functional, cost, and weight requirements
- 3D modeling of Interior systems parts and 2D drawing creation.
- Interact with cross-functional teams to understand and work around package requirements and limitations, ergonomics, manufacturability, etc.
- Develop, manage, and maintain technical documentation like DVP and DFMEA, Component, and System Technical Specifications.
- Develop the commodities to meet all regulatory requirements and find the right balance between weight, cost, and performance targets to meet vehicle requirements
- Support testing, prototype build, and launch activities.
- Coordinate with manufacturing groups on mass production assembly solutions, assembly sequence, and part feasibility.
- Automotive engineering expertise in interior trim engineering with extensive experience in one of the following areas; upper trim, lower-trim, headliners, or door trim.
- Understanding of vehicle homologation and regulatory requirements.
- Cad literate, NX preferred
- Experience with composite design would be beneficial.
At Arrival we want all of our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Join our mission to bring better, more sustainable transportation to communities around the world.
How To Apply
Applicants must provide a portfolio of work as part of their application. Applications and CVs are only accepted via the job link.