Automotive Exterior Designer, Canoo
If you’re intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you’ve never done before, and seeing that work put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we’re moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who’s who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We’re diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job,” but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry
Automotive Exterior Designer – Torrance, CA, United States
The Exterior Designer must have deep knowledge and passion to create compelling design proposals at an exceptional standard.
- Proposing exceptional design proposals that push our brand forward
- Develop proposals for both production and concept cars using your 2d sketching, 3D rendering 3D modelling abilities
- Interact collaboratively across many different departments and functions
- Work in a timely manner to support Program Management and project timing
- Work closely with studio engineering to bring your designs into production
- Support CAS and clay 3D modelers with clear and representative drawings/renderings to develop you designs in 3D
- Able to work efficiently and creatively on multiple programs at once
- Clearly and comfortably communicate your design ideas to the team and work in a competitive format
- Bachelor or equivalent in Automotive Design or related field.
- Minimum 7+ years of professional design experience at an Automotive Design studio (OEM preferred)
- Proficient in ALIAS and Photoshop.
- A proven track record of having designed and lead previous Production/Concept vehicles
- Passion for automotive exterior design
- Knowledge of current automotive design trends and technology
- Understanding of ergonomic and automotive regulatory requirements
- Excellent understanding of production vehicle design practices, general vehicle development processes, timing, and product cycles
- Experience working in cross-departmental teams and balancing design intent with vehicle feasibility
- Professional, motivated, and pro-active working attitude
- Ability to travel and work long hours
- Highly skilled in 2D digital sketching software: Photoshop or equivalent
- CAS 3D surface and 3D visualization software knowledge is a plus: Alias, VRED, Keyshot or equivalent
What to expect
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.