Environment Artist/ 3D Generalist, Tesla
Tesla is expediting the world’s shift to renewable energy sources. We provide the greatest solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric cars in the world, allowing consumers to generate, store, and use energy in a completely sustainable manner. For every field, Tesla is committed to acquiring and developing elite people from across the world. Tesla’s headquarters are in California, but the company’s staff is spread across four continents. We want to provide a welcoming atmosphere where people of all genders, races, religions, and backgrounds may come to accomplish their best work. Our world-class teams follow a unique multidisciplinary cooperation philosophy. Every team member is expected to challenge and be pushed, as well as to develop and innovate. We are working on some of the world’s most challenging and pressing issues, and we could not do it without our common desire to make the world a better place.
3-d Artist – Hawthorne, CA, United States
As a member of the Visualization Team, you will be responsible for the design and creation of digital assets and environments and real-time and pre-rendered photorealistic automotive and product visualizations. Your work has the potential to be seen on a global scale, helping influence people and communities to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy.
- Creation of realistic and fictitious virtual environments and assets.
- Scanning (photogrammetry) of real-world, organic environments and assets.
- Optimization of assets and scenes for use in both real-time and pre-rendered (ray traced/path traced).
- Material generation and virtual material prototyping (PBR pipeline).
- Environmental atmospheric and lighting setups.
- Creation of blueprints.
- UV and Texturing.
- Rendering high-quality, photorealistic content.
- Collaborating with leadership and design teams to create visually stunning imagery.
- Strong portfolio displaying your amazing skills as an Environmental Artist.
- Solid artistic and technical knowledge (preferably Unreal Engine).
- Experience with photogrammetry and knowledge of processing software (e.g., Reality Capture).
- Knowledge of PBR based workflows and software (e.g., Substance Designer / Painter / Alchemist).
- Ability to understand colour, visual compositions, and lighting.
- Knowledge of traditional DCC tools (e.g., Maya, 3ds Max, Blender, Zbrush, Photoshop).
- Accustomed to going above and beyond whilst working within tight deadlines.
- Excellent communicator, team player, resourceful and organized.
- Highly motivated and proactive.
- A passion for learning new tools/techniques and open to exchanging knowledge.
- Good command over English.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of drone operation and experience in drone-based photogrammetry capturing and processing.
- Understanding of post-production, compositing, and Photoshop workflows
- Experience design and modelling architectural based environments
- Perforce or related version management systems
- Automotive experience and a knowledge of vehicles
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need accommodation at any point during the interview process
REQ ID: 90760
How to apply
Join our worldwide teams and become a part of our success story! The best way to apply is to use our online application system.