Exterior Design Intern, Volkswagen
The Volkswagen Passenger Cars brand aims to move you, and as such the ACCELERATE strategy centers on a global model initiative through which the brand aims to lead innovation, technology and quality in the volume segment.
In fiscal year 2020, Volkswagen Passenger Cars launched the ID.3, the first model based on the Modular Electric Drive Toolkit (MEB). This efficient and fully connected all-electric car represents a milestone on the path towards zero-emission mobility for a broad customer base. Following on its heels in late 2020 was the ID.4, the brand’s first fully electric SUV. Powerful proportions, sleek lines and a sculptured rear are the hallmarks of ist exterior and give the all-rounder an outstanding aerodynamic quality. The interior impresses with generous space, puristic design and sustainable upholstery materials.
Work Environment – Wolfsburg
Volkswagen Design is looking for design students who enjoy supporting our international creative team in the field of exterior design.
During the design development process, you will support you in your specialty with research, brainstorming, development and implementation of design drafts and concepts for vehicles of the Volkswagen brand. You will create sketches and renderings in various representation methods in 2D and 3D and support the creation of digital and physical design models. Participation in day-to-day operations rounds off your area of responsibility.
- Students in the fields of transportation design, industrial design or a comparable course of study
- Completed basic studies (more than 89 CP)
- Good to very good academic performance
- A high level of creativity, a feeling for trends and a love of detail
- Good design and conceptual skills
- Knowledge of the common Adobe CS programs such as Photoshop, Illustrator or InDesign
- Commitment and initiative
- Quick comprehension and enjoyment of independent work
- Team spirit
- Passion and interest in the subject of design and mobility
- Knowledge of German and / or English Please apply with a comprehensive portfolio!
Please submit the following documents with your application:
- Current certificate of enrollment and transcript of grades
- In the case of a compulsory internship, a certificate from the university is also provided
How to Apply
Applicants must provide a portfolio of work as part of their application. Applications and CVs are only accepted via the job link.