Exterior Designer, Polestar
Polestar is an electric performance brand, determined to improve the society we live in. Our focus is on uncompromised design and technology. Passion and emotion drive us, electricity and innovation drive our cars. Our products are excellent, efficient, and entertaining. In Polestar’s future, there is no room for shortcuts, excuses, or compromises. We are all in, dedicated to our ambition. Guiding our industry forward through pure, progressive, performance.
Is this you? If you are interested in joining the Polestar family, don’t wait with submitting your application with your CV and portfolio. We apply a continuous selection process, and the job post will be open until the position is filled.
Exterior Designer – Gothenburg, Sweden
In this position as an Exterior Designer, you will propose innovative design solutions, which help us to push the future development of the Polestar brand. You will create compelling and appropriate design proposals for concept and production car programs in the form of sketches, renderings, and 3D digital models.
You will contribute with your knowledge of what it means to create great exterior designs which are on brand, and to an exceptional standard. In addition, you will demonstrate a true understanding of the subtleties of a 3D surface and the translation of a 2D sketch into reality. This position is located at our HQ in Gothenburg, Sweden.
- Collaborating cross functionally with all team disciplines.
- Support program timing by delivering appropriate design proposals with speed and efficiency.
- Benchmark competitive vehicles to aid design direction.
- Work closely together with studio engineering on design solutions that can be brought to production.
- Support Digital modellers with clear visual and verbal direction in the creation of digital models, physical models, and CG renderings.
- Work on a broad range of advanced design and production programs.
- Presenting and communicating design proposals using multiple media including PPT, VRED, etc.
- Bachelors or higher degree in transportation / automotive design, industrial design.
- Express a high level of creativity through sketching, digital sketching, and final digital rendering.
- Skilled in Alias Automotive Studio, VRed, Photoshop and other visual medias.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as internal clients.
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Strong aesthetic sensibility.
- Periodic travel may be required, including the potential for international travel for full time employees.
- Fluent English communication skills.
- Candidates MUST BE LEGALLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN SWEDEN. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
How to apply
Please apply via this Link
Applicants must provide a portfolio of work as part of their application. Applications and CVs are only accepted via the job link.
Polestar is the company’s website.