Faraday future, Automotive Design Manager
Faraday Future (FF) is a California-based mobility company, leveraging the latest technologies and world’s best talent to realize exciting new possibilities in mobility. We are producing user-centric, technology-first vehicles to establish new paradigms in human-vehicle interaction. We are not just seeking to change how our cars work – we are seeking to change the way we drive. At FF, we are creating something new, something connected, and something with a true global impact.
Automotive Design Manager – Gardena, California, United States
As Automotive Design Manager within the Design team, you’ll provide leadership and organization for ongoing vehicle programs. You will also create, present, and develop interior and exterior design proposals, conduct research to support development, and coordinate the development of 3D digital and clay models by working closely with designers, modelers and by collaborating with all external departments.
- Oversee and lead the Interior and Exterior development of both production and concept vehicles from initial sketch designs right through to final production
- An ability to efficiently present design ideation and manage the creative team’s output through great communication.
- Proficiency in Photoshop and Alias
- Be able to perform and present benchmarking of competitive vehicles
- Perform all trend, research and design exploration for new vehicle interior and exteriors, alongside consumer electronics, product, fashion, architectural and related design fields
- Create and enforce program timing and all relevant regulatory / feasibility requirements
- Build a rapport and interact with and internal and external stakeholder while being a champion for Design
- Communicate effectively to the modelling teams in both clay and digital 3D CAD (incl. Alias)
- Work harmoniously with all design functions, including CMF, UI/UX, engineering, manufacturing, and supply chain in cross-functional teams for implementation of production vehicles.
- Bachelor or equivalent in Automotive Design or related field.
- Minimum 10+ years of professional design experience at an Automotive Design studio (OEM preferred)
- Proficient in ALIAS and Photoshop.
- A proven track record of having designed and lead previous Production/Concept vehicles
- Passion for automotive interior and exterior design
- Knowledge of current automotive design trends and technology
- Understanding of ergonomic and automotive regulatory requirements
- Excellent understanding of production vehicle design practices, general vehicle development processes, timing, and product cycles
- Experience working in cross-departmental teams and balancing design intent with vehicle feasibility
- Professional, motivated, and pro-active working attitude
- Ability to travel and work long hours
- Highly skilled in 2D digital sketching software: Photoshop or equivalent
- CAS 3D surface and 3D visualization software knowledge is a plus: Alias, VRED, Keyshot or equivalent
What to expect
- Stock options for every employee
- Healthcare + dental + vision benefits (Free for you/discounted for family)
- 401(k) options
- Free parking, EV charging + carpool reimbursement
- Culturally diverse, progressive atmosphere
- “Soul of Faraday” community outreach team
Faraday Future is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.