FISKER INC. IS HIRING ON THE POST OF CMF DESIGNERS
FISKER INC. IS HIRING – California-based Fisker Inc. is revolutionizing the automotive industry by developing the most emotionally desirable and eco-friendly electric vehicles on Earth. Passionately driven by a vision of a clean future for all, the company is on a mission to become the No. 1 e-mobility service provider with the world’s most sustainable vehicles.
As a member of the CMF team at Fisker, you will have the opportunity to create the future aesthetic of vehicles through the development of original colours & materials. You will leverage passion and sustainability as a leading driver for material research & identification. You will have the ability to clearly present benchmarking & competitive analysis of the current automotive market, as well as, an understanding of industry trends in fashion, architecture, and product design etc.
The Designer in this role will deliver CMF Proposals through emotional storytelling expressed through an understanding of cultural trends. You should have a basic comprehension and understanding of designing through the lenses of brand, strategy and sustainability to develop leading world-class colour & trim design. As a CMF designer, you should also have an understanding of the CMF process, able to collaboratively work with Design, Engineering and Suppliers to create unique, innovative and original proposals that can be implemented into Production applications.
Please link your Digital portfolio when applying.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Creation of original and innovative CMF design ideas for concept and production vehicles.
- Incorporate innovative technologies, great usability and brand vision into colour and material strategies.
- Ability to give clear colour direction using colour theory (hue, value, chroma)
- Ability to set the vision for the development and direction of interior, exterior, Color Material Finish, (CMF) designs
- Excellent attention to detail
- Help define and support the execution of a vision for branded colour and material strategies.
- Prepare presentations of new thoughts and designs, both verbally and visually.
- Collaborate with other design disciplines, product marketing, engineering, and suppliers to execute project objectives, deliverables, and timelines
- Development of concept targets into production feasible solution
Skills and Abilities
- Produce high-quality renderings to effectively illustrate CMF solutions using Photoshop & Illustrator (VRED& Keyshot is a plus).
- Create emotional and compelling presentations through strong storytelling skills
- Well-rounded knowledge of current trends, forecast future material trends to develop color families, stories and strategies.
- Intimate knowledge of automotive materials development process.
- Maintain and communicate CMF strategy documents.
- Good Interpersonal & collaborative skills to work effectively with others.
- Integrate into a modern flexible work schedule.
- Passion and dedication to learning and growing in the field of CMF design.
- A love of storytelling to connect teams with the CMF vision
- Domestic & International travel
Education and Training
- Bachelor’s degree in Textile Design, Crafts, Fashion, Graphic Design, Industrial Design [Automotive/Product], Interior Design or comparable
- Minimum 5 years experience with OEM, Automotive startup or completed at least one production vehicle program through to launch.
- Creative proficiency with supporting portfolio.
- Starting immediately
Fisker Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment at Fisker Inc. is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, colour, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status. Applicants wishing to view a copy of Fisker Inc.’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department.