GM IS HIRING - NEW OPPORTUNITY FOR CREATIVE EXTERIOR DESIGNER
GM IS HIRING - Are you a highly creative designer who is interested in being part of one of the most exciting advanced design studios in the world? GM Design has opportunities for exterior designers who are interested in stretching the boundaries of automotive design at our North Hollywood, California studio. Our organization will soon be moving to a larger, state-of-the-art facility in Pasadena, where we will have even more capability to affect the future.
Job description: GM is hiring
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Create unique exterior designs and concepts for production vehicles and other mobility products through sketches as well as digitally through the use of 2D and 3D technology
- Collaborate frequently with the design team, sculpting organization, engineering and fabrication teams in the development of new designs
- Take a big-picture perspective on customer needs and future transportation to create provocative concepts and designs
- Provide insight and recommendations to leadership while possessing willingness and acuity to act upon guidance in a deadline driven environment
- Maintain knowledge of current design trends and technology. Present ideas frequently to management and leadership to communicate design ideas
- Exhibit courage and challenge expectations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design (Automotive, Transportation, Industrial)
- 2+ years of professional experience in Transportation Design
- Strong understanding of 3D form and excellent 2D drawing and illustration skills
- Proven creative proficiency
- Demonstrated ability with electronic tools to communicate 2-D ideations
To be considered for this position, you will need to submit a portfolio in addition to your resume and profile. We strongly recommend linking your online portfolio in the "website" section of the application as we are able to access much larger files that way. If your portfolio is not available online, please follow the instructions below to upload your portfolio as a separate attachment as you did with the resume. Please NO dropbox files or Google Docs.
- Save your portfolio as a pdf document
- Name your portfolio your LAST NAME, FIRST NAME. Example: The candidate's name is John Smith. The portfolio pdf file name is: Smith, John.pdf
- Upload as an attachment - you may need to condense the file.
The salary range for this role is ($77,708 – $124,131). The actual base salary a successful candidate will be offered within this range will vary based on factors relevant to the position.
Click on the link to apply for the job.