GORDON MURRAY IS HIRING: NEW OPPORTUNITY FOR EXTERIOR DESIGNERS
GORDON MURRAY IS HIRING – Gordon Murray Design is a world-leading automotive design company, we have gained a global reputation as a pioneer of lightweight and efficient vehicles, taking a highly innovative approach to all aspects of vehicle design, development, and production.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Exterior Designer to join our Design, Development and Engineering Centre based in Shalford, Surrey.
You will work as part of the Group Creative Team and report to the Lead Exterior Designer. Your primary responsibility will be to create and develop lightweight, technical, and pure automotive exterior designs.
Providing a high-quality service through attention to detail, a disciplined and methodical approach and close liaison with colleagues and customers.
• To create and deliver engaging and innovative Exterior design proposals.
• Excellent communication and strong presentation skills actively communicating the GMD light-weighting design ethos.
• Continued improvement of GMD brand guidelines and ensuring everything is on brand.
• Deliver innovative design proposals within a given timeline, on time and to cost targets.
• Work closely with suppliers.
• To represent the Studio team at technical/senior meetings as required
• Take an active role in growing the Design department at GMD
• Maintain an awareness of trends and developments in furniture, fashion and architecture design, and apply that knowledge to automotive design.
Experience and Qualifications
• Batchelor or master’s degree in Automotive Design or equivalent, with OEM Design Department experience as an Exterior Designer.
• Knowledge of the automotive design process with experience in the creative concept phase through to production.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills both verbally and visually • Self-driven and hands-on with the ability to work independently
• Strong project planning/management skills would be beneficial
• Software Tools – Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Microsoft Office ideally 3D modelling and visualisation knowledge.
• Minimum 5 years of industry experience
• Deadline driven and able to self-manage workload Working exceptionally well under pressure •
• Possess strong organisational and interpersonal skills Team player
Please send an up Number to GMD0689date CV, including details of salary, expectation and quoting Job Reference to [email protected]