Footwear Design Consultant, Gravity Sketch
Gravity Sketch is a 3D design platform that allows users to create and collaborate in a 3D space. It is at the forefront of innovation, disrupting design processes and enabling teams from the biggest companies around the world. Our software integrates into tools already used by our customers allowing them to leverage the current skills they have developed while upping their game within their own teams. Gravity Sketch helps put design at the center of the organization, where it needs to be for companies to achieve long-term success.
Footwear Design Consultant (US Based) – Portland, Oregon, United States
The Footwear design consultant will work with some of the top footwear and apparel brands in the world to develop a training methodology that allows them to achieve value quickly and ultimately bring Gravity Sketch into their professional workflow. Key customers include Reebok and Anta alongside several of the largest footwear companies in the world. You will work closely with the users and management where you will be able to get a deep understanding of their workflows and how Gravity Sketch could bring an innovative approach to design challenges.
This role is crucial to achieving our vision of disrupting the design process in a positive way, and you will be part of the early team that builds out this proposition from the ground up. It’s an exciting period to join the company – we have recently raised our Seed round and you will work closely with the Executive team at Gravity Sketch to turbocharge our growth.
This is a consulting role over 2/3 days per week
- Dig in deep with customers to understand their current workflow, how Gravity Sketch can help, the different users’ needs and what type of support will be needed
- Use your expertise to own the creation and execution of the methodology and curriculum for how to best onboard and support our customers and get them to achieve value as quickly as possible
- Identify and organize the resources needed to support our customers depending on where they are in their journey
- Monitor and manage success metrics to identify where customers are succeeding and where there are areas of opportunities
- Own and manage the engagement with the customer when brought in to support for specific areas (workshop, onboarding, training etc.)
- Communicate major milestones and updates from customers to Gravity Sketch’s management team on a regular basis
- Work closely with multiple cross-functional teams, predominantly across the marketing and sales teams, by providing invaluable insight into the customer’s needs and challenges, helping influence and guide internal product roadmaps, projects, product, and services communications
- Research and deeply understand Gravity Sketch and other software used in the design workflow – their use cases, designer pain points, value propositions.
- Become proficient in our customer’s design workflows (Footwear and Automotive to start) and how Gravity Sketch can provide value to those workflows.
- 2+ years’ experience working with software in the product design workflow (Gravity Sketch, CAD, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.) and/or footwear focused design degree
- Organisation: Excellent structure and organisation, with strong attention to detail.
- Self-driven: Able to hit the ground running and execute quickly once we have aligned on a plan. Self-driven to learn, to set targets, and able to work under limited supervision.
- Passion and curiosity: Avid interest in VR, design and understanding how different products are made, curious personality and enjoys digging deep to understand and solve a problem
- Grit: Positive attitude, and strong team working skills and hungry for success, not afraid to roll up sleeves and help wherever needed
- People-oriented: Excellent communicator – both written and verbal in English, Great listening and relationship building skills
Please note: This role will be required to travel to both North America and across Europe when it is safe to do so post COVID.
Gravity Sketch is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.