JLR IS HIRING AN INTERIOR DESIGNER FOR IT’S NEW FUTURE LINEUP
JLR IS HIRING – Jaguar Land Rover Design is a World Class organization responsible for delivering the current range of award-winning production and concept vehicles. Jaguar Land Rover Design has responsibility for the creation and delivery of all visible parts on the exterior, interior and colour and materials of all Jaguar Land Rover vehicles. The Design team is multi-disciplined, with Designers, Engineers, Clay and Alias Sculptors and the Surfacing team.
JLR IS HIRING – INTERIOR DESIGNER, GAYDON, UK
The role of the Creative Interior Designer is highly creative, being involved in the creation of new designs and the development of solutions to design problems for the interiors of our future vehicles. The solutions must meet strategic objectives set by and agreed with the Chief Designer and Studio Director and demonstrate an understanding of sustainable modern luxury.
- Proficient in illustration and visual evaluation skills to visually and verbally communicate ideas and solutions.
- A clear understanding of the aesthetic judgement of surface, surface juxtaposition and appearance
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Essential IT skill – high level of Photoshop ability
- Strong level of organisational skills
- A good understanding of the brand portfolio and history
- An individual, who works independently, is results-driven, demonstrating tenacity, drive and perseverance with the ability to deliver operational plans in a complex, highly demanding environment.
- An individual with the capability to combine a short term, pragmatic focus with medium-term planning
- Strong IT skills, particularly with Design related systems, e.g. ALIAS / VRED / Power-Point
- Strong understanding of surfacing requirements
- Previous international experience of the automotive industry, including competitor and market awareness
- Some experience or knowledge of all design roles, from concept generation to production-ready design delivery
- Interest in future UI/UX developments
- A portfolio that demonstrates the ability to support the wider design team.
WHERE TO APPLY
Apply here before 8th April 2022. Please be aware that JLR can close this vacancy for applications before the stated deadline if they receive a high volume of interest. We strongly advise you to submit your application as early as possible.
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and a performance-related bonus scheme. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey. This role may offer the opportunity for hybrid working where you can split your time between working from home and in the office.
At Jaguar Land Rover, hybrid working is a voluntary, non-contractual arrangement providing employees with more choice and flexibility around how, when and where they work, if suitable for their role. Further details can be discussed with the Hiring Manager at the interview stage.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.