KIA AMERICA IS HIRING ON THE POST OF INTERIOR DESIGNER
KIA AMERICA IS HIRING – Hyundai America Technical Center, Inc. (“HATCI”), is the design, technology and engineering arm for all North American models of the Korean-based Hyundai-KIA Automotive Group.
JOB DESCRIPTION: KIA AMERICA IS HIRING
Kia America Design Center is currently looking for a Kia Interior Designer for their Design Studio in Irvine
- Create striking interior design proposals and design details for show cars and production projects.
- Visualization and development of these design proposals in form of sketches, renderings, and 3-D models, and their presentation to the management.
- Research and analyze trends in overall packaging, dimension, materials, and products using online and print resources and by attending auto shows and other events.
- Provide guidance and direction of CAD and clay modellers during the design development phase.
- Meet with Management, Engineering, Marketing, and Design Team to discuss design criteria. Incorporate the design criteria provided.
- Provide oversight, guidance, and support to vendors producing one-of-a-kind ‘Concept Vehicles’ for auto shows worldwide.
- Travel to Korea to oversee further product development by working with the Korean Design and Engineering teams.
- Benchmark competitive vehicles to aid design direction.
- Travel up to 20% of the time domestically and internationally.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial, Automotive, or Transportation Design
- Strong ability to utilize various types of 2D and 3D visualization software (Photoshop, VRED, etc.) and strong digital modelling skills (preferably, Alias, SubD, and Maya)
- Valid Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record.
- Candidates applying for positions with Hyundai/Kia must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment will be required at the time of hire.
- HATCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Disabled and Veteran. VEVRAA Federal contractor.
WHERE TO APPLY: KIA AMERICA IS HIRING
At KIA we want all of our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Join the mission to bring better, more sustainable transportation to communities around the world.
WHO CAN DESIGN INTERIOR OF THE CAR? WANT TO KNOW? - ADP1 year ago
[…] versatility. Having said that, designing the inside of vehicles is a very specialised and complicated job that requires more empathy for the user than say exterior […]