NIO IS HIRING: New opportunity for design students
NIO IS HIRING – By joining the Exterior Design department as a Design Intern, you will have the opportunity to be part of a highly creative team with a wealth of knowledge in creating products and car-related products. During your internship, you will gain valuable first-hand experience working with an international coalition to discover insights and deliver Exterior design vision with global partners.
Intern Exterior Design (m/f/x)
Duration: 6 months/working hours: 40 hours/ week
NIO aims to shape a joyful lifestyle by offering innovative, premium electric vehicles and providing the best user experience. NIO was founded in November 2014 as a global electric vehicle company with world-class research and development, design and manufacturing centres in Shanghai, Beijing, San Jose, Munich, London and 20 other locations.
- Working on design concepts/ Vision
- Explore User Experience via different vehicle architectures.
- Please bring a new way of thinking, put in creative ideas and a new way of working to strengthen their design studio approach.
- Please contribute to the evolving design culture and process in the design studio.
- Participate in design trends and market research.
- Continually seek new innovative ideas, trends in line with their strategy department, emerging colour & trim directions, and innovative form factors.
- Support on internal marketplace preparation
- Currently enrolled in college or university (having completed a minimum of 3 semesters) with a focus in the design field (Industrial Design, Graphic Design, Textile Design, or a related lot etc.)
- Automotive design background
- High creativity, great sense of future trends and passion for sustainability
- An eye for Proportion, details, consistency and high-level aesthetics
- Self-organized and structured Team player
- It is mandatory to be able to use software like Blender or a great depth of knowledge in SubD modelling, besides Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English; German is a plus.
- If you’re excited about this job and the NIO brand, they look forward to seeing your application (please provide your CV in English.
- The internship is offered only on-site at the NIO Munich office.
This isn’t just another job. It’s an opportunity to join a movement to change the mobility experience for everyone. If you find that as exciting as they do, join now.
NIO, as a Global User Enterprise, has organized its business globally. Depending on the job you are applying for, it may be necessary to involve hiring managers outside the European Economic Area (EEA) engaged at another NIO group company, such as NIO Co., Ltd, located in Shanghai, China or NIO USA Inc, Palo Alto, USA. Suppose data is processed in countries outside the EEA. In that case, NIO uses standard contractual clauses published by the European Commission, with appropriate technical and organizational measures, to ensure that your data is processed following European data protection standards. The location of this job is at NIO Deutschland GmbH, c/o NIO GmbH, Montgelasstraße 14, 81679 Munich.