NISSAN DESIGN IS HIRING: NEW OPPORTUNITY FOR CMF DESIGNERS
NISSAN DESIGN IS HIRING – With a focus on Mobility, Operational Excellence, Value to our Customers and the Electrification of vehicles, you can expect to be part of something exciting. From the sleek design of our cars to the unique opportunities we offer around the globe, Nissan exemplifies ingenuity in everything we do. Our people are what drive the business forward.
We are currently looking for an Automotive CMF Designer 1. This position will be located in San Diego, CA.
Job Summary: NISSAN DESIGN IS HIRING
Design all aspects of colour surface and material associated with design projects and present this information in various digital and physical formats
Essential Job Functions: NISSAN DESIGN IS HIRING
(Include but are not limited to)
- Stay abreast of design trends, especially automotive-related, current technology and the cultural/sociological impact on future colour.
- Gather and communicate trend information to Nissan facilities regarding colour design activities using trend and image boards or PowerPoint presentations.
- Benchmark and analyze similar production finishes and create informative reports.
- Create and propose unique colour and materials concepts for the target customer. Develop colour design strategies which express the overall concept of the vehicle.
- Independently and with suppliers, develop and utilize all forms of automotive materials in creating colour, pattern and texture.
- Responsible for all aspects related to the projects, including scheduling project steps, ordering and receiving materials, and presenting concepts.
- Travel may be required
- Minimum 0 to 3 years of experience in an automotive design studio
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Transportation Design or Industrial Design
- Insight, creativity and resourcefulness
- High energy, flexibility, perseverance
- Great colour evaluation capabilities and presentation skills
- Arts degree with an interest in sociology and culture
- Working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, PowerPoint, Microsoft Office, Excel, V-Red
- Portfolio submission required
- The use of an animation or movie creation program is a plus
- Automotive Interior Design experience a plus
Welcome to an open lane of possibility. Drive your career forward and join the company leading the technology and business evolution of the automotive industry by applying today.
Nissan is committed to a drug-free workplace. All employment is contingent upon successful completion of a drug screen for roles based in the United States and background screening for all positions.
All of us at Nissan – regardless of functional area or expertise – share a passion to design, manufacture, and sell high-performance vehicles. It is Nissan’s policy to provide Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, gender, military status, disability, or any other status protected by law. Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work in the United States and will be required to provide proof of employment eligibility at the time of hire; Nissan uses E-Verify to validate employment eligibility. **Visa sponsorship for this position is not available at this time.**San Diego California United States of America