NISSAN DESIGN IS HIRING: OPPORTUNITY IN THE CMF DEPARTMENT
NISSAN DESIGN IS HIRING – We are looking for a Color, Materials, Finish (CMF) Design Intern to join our team at our Design Center in San Diego, California. This internship will begin in September 2022 and end in December 2022.
RESPONSIBILITIES: NISSAN DESIGN IS HIRING
- Design all aspects of colour, surface and material associated with Nissan and Infiniti automotive design projects and present this information in various formats.
- Research design trends, especially automotive related, current technology and the cultural/sociological impact on future colour.
- Gather and communicate trend information to Nissan facilities regarding colour design activities using trend and image boards, display boxes or PowerPoint presentations.
- Create and propose unique colour and materials concepts for the target customer. Develop colour design strategies which express the overall concept of the vehicle.
- Collaborate with materials suppliers to create custom materials for future projects.
- Become familiar with Nissan production processes as it relates to colour and material design. Communicate with Engineers, Suppliers and Product Planning.
- Insight, creativity and resourcefulness.
- High energy, flexibility, perseverance.
- Great colour evaluation capabilities and presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Office.
- The use of a 3D rendering program is a plus.
- An art major in the junior or senior year, or in the master’s program, with an interest in sociology and culture.
- Must submit a CMF portfolio for consideration.
- On-site at the San Diego Studio
- Continually works with art supplies, i.e. paint, clay, cutters, airbrush, etc.
- On occasion, works in the shop area with various mechanical tools or mixes custom paint colours in the paint booth.
Welcome to an open lane of possibility. We know you have the capability to change the world, and we want you to help us change the future of automotive. Drive your career forward and join the company leading the technology and business evolution of the automotive industry by applying today.
Nissan is committed to a drug-free workplace. All employment is contingent upon successful completion of a drug screen for roles based in the United States and background screening for all positions.
All of us at Nissan – regardless of functional area or expertise – share a passion to design, manufacture, and sell high-performance vehicles. It is Nissan’s policy to provide Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, gender, military status, disability, or any other status protected by law. Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work in the United States and will be required to provide proof of employment eligibility at the time of hire; Nissan uses E-Verify to validate employment eligibility. **Visa sponsorship for this position is not available at this time .”San Diego California United States of America