Senior Clay Modeller, Nikola Motor Company
Nikola Motor Company, a leading designer and manufacturer of heavy-duty commercial battery-electric vehicles (BEV), fuel cell electric vehicles (FCEV), and energy infrastructure solutions, is paving the way as a global leader in zero-emissions transportation. Through a business model that will enable corporate customers to integrate next-generation truck technology and hydrogen fuelling infrastructure and maintenance, Nikola Motor Company and its strategic business partners and suppliers are on a mission to leave the world a better place.
Senior Clay Modeller, Contract, Phoenix ( Arizona )
This is a 6-12-month contract opportunity based at our Phoenix, AZ HQ and would require relocation to the Phoenix area.
- You’ll bring shape and form to styling ideas and designs by performing clay modeling, hard modeling, and woodworking.
- You will be a team-player and assist with creating full-size interior and exterior models for executive design reviews
- Work on many phases or subtasks of projects or entire projects of moderate complexity, with results impacting on project timing
- Collaborating with cross functional teams to consult on design and engineering verification.
- A bachelor’s degree in colour and material design, transportation design, industrial design, or textile design.
- At least 6 years of previous OEM automotive interior/exterior design studio(s) expertise with concept and production
- Deep understanding in all aspects of model development
- Be comfortable wearing a lot of different hats within the design studio (no one here says: “That’s not my job”).
- Excellent understanding of time management to achieve tight deadlines
- Clarity and calm approach in a fast-paced environment
- Strong problem-solving abilities, as well as a demonstrated capacity to pick up new information rapidly.
- Demonstrated ability to complete complex projects under time constraints.
- Good command over English.
Preferred Complimentary skills
- Power Mill 3D CAM Software for writing cutter paths.
- Basic understanding of Autodesk Alias
Candidates must have current U.S. work authorization or be TN eligible from Mexico or Canada.
This position is not eligible for CPT or OPT.