Senior Exterior Designer, Genesis
Genesis, launched in 2015, is pioneering the new terrain of global luxury mobility. In our short history, Genesis design has already caught the attention of automotive media and earned some of their most prestigious design awards. But our audacious journey has just begun. Through the collaboration of top designers from Korea and overseas design studios, the brand identity has evolved and expanded our business territory over time. Genesis’s continuously expanding product line-up also presents opportunities to design not only cars in various segments, but also innovative future mobility. We are looking for daring, creative designers not bound by convention. Join in our Genesis journey, and open a new chapter of one of the most progressive luxury brands.
Exterior Designer – Korea
As a Genesis exterior designer, you will take responsibility to present compelling design proposals to create the finest automobiles, making a positive difference to our customers’ lives. Your innovative design will push forward the boundaries to enrich the journey of Genesis in an infinite yet mindful manner.
- Participate in exterior design for the Genesis line-up based on the brand’s design identity of “Athletic Elegance.”
- Analyze the consumers’ perspective thoroughly and redefine the concept of luxury mobility by presenting creative and innovative design ideas.
- Propose design ideas by leveraging a variety of design tools and lead the overall model production process from sketches to 3D/clay modeling for production and show cars.
- Cooperate with related functions in the Design and R&D Center to bring your best designs to life, and continue to follow up throughout the entire design process.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (transportation/automotive design, industrial design major preferred).
- 5+ years of relevant experience in design at an OEM company.
- Strong ability to utilize various types of 2D and 3D visualization software (Photoshop, VRED, etc.) and strong digital modelling skills (preferably, Alias and Maya).
- Fluent English communication skills.
We are looking for persons with…
- Rich aesthetic sensibility to propose innovative and luxurious Genesis designs.
- Passion to constantly seek and experience emerging technologies and trends.
- Ability to develop relationships across teams and functions.
- Good communication skills to work with various stakeholders.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Namyang, Gyeonggido, Korea: View in Google Maps.
Please apply via the provided link by 5th September, 2021. Applicants must provide a portfolio of work as part of their application.
If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact our recruit manager, Rosie Won, via [email protected]