TATA Motors, Various Positions
Tata Motors Design, comprising three global design centres including state of the art studio at the NAIC at the University of Warwick (UK), Pune (India) and Turin (Italy), is pivotal in the creation and delivery of the future of Tata Motors passenger and commercial vehicles. With the recent success of the Nexon, Altroz and Tiago, it is strengthening its global team with highly creative and driven design professionals to shape the future of Indian motoring.
General Manager Design Projects + Operations (Permanent) – India
Based in Pune the General Manager will take responsibility for the formal handling of all passengers, commercial and electric vehicle design programmes from the Indian studio, consolidating and controlling all operations, including physical model making and budgeting. The successful candidate will have experience of and will be responsible for:
- Overall handling of all PV/CV/EV Design Programs via leadership of the DPM team
- Design Resource and Budget Control
- Timeline Management
- Interface with UK/Italy Counterparts
India Studio Operations
- Responsible for all facilities and equipment
- CAPEX and Revenue requirement predictions and management
- Safety and Security
- BSC Administration and Reporting
- Management of all Clay and physical modelmaking
- Interface with Creative Design, CAS, PLs, Engineering and Marketing
We are looking for a talented and experienced manager with:
- Postgraduate level qualification in Design (preferably Automotive Design) from a reputed institution with a world-class curriculum
- Strong and proven program leadership skills
- Ability to accurately forecast and consolidate resourcing and budgets
- Strong sensitivity to Design, strategic trends, and market expectations
- Clear understanding of and experience in complete Design processes, including Physical Model realisation
- Ability to mentor and administer Program Management teams, Clay Modelling, and interface with lateral functions in Design
- Ability to retain and promote Design values in interactions with Senior Management, Marketing, Product Lines and Engineering
- Significant management experience in a Global Automotive OEM
Senior Exterior Designer (Permanent) – UK
We are looking for an exceptional creative exterior designer who can produce world class designs that are true to our brand and have the experience and talent to translate a 2D sketch into reality of a 3D model.
The successful candidate will need good communication skills and the ability to work simultaneously across multiple programs. The Senior Exterior Designer will propose innovative design solutions to help move our brand forward into the future creating outstanding design proposals for concept and production car programs in the form of sketches, renderings, and 3D models.
We are looking for a candidate with:
- Degree in Transportation Design or similar
- Work or internship experience at another OEM company
- Good knowledge of 2D and 3D visualization software (Photoshop, VRED etc.) and strong digital modelling skills (Alias, Blender, Maya) preferred.
- Strong sketching and rendering skills are expected.
HMI / UI Designer (Permanent) – UK or India
A brand-new role for Tata Design, the candidate will bolster and support the interiors design team and continue developing our brand customer experience further, through the development of innovative and stylish user interfaces in line with the design vision.
The successful candidate will support cross functional activities ranging from trend analysis, creation of UI and motion design themes in both pre-KO and production phases and will be responsible for compelling and relevant design ideas to support any of the ongoing projects relative to HMI/UI/UX from early development through to implementation.
You will need experience of and the ability to:
- Communicate ideas in the best way (presentations, 2D visuals, digital prototypes, motion designs etc.)
- Seek information independently and to work to the direction given/chosen and deliver to high standards is required
- On a less regular basis, to support many UX development activities working with various key stakeholders including suppliers to visualize creative solutions working with interior designers to ensure robust alignment with feasibility
- Work on both production and on true advanced design phases and develop one-off solutions or exploratory HMI solutions for concept vehicles
We are looking for:
- Degree in Design or similar is required.
- Around 3-5 years of experience is preferred, depends on the candidate’s relevance.
- Good proven record with great graphical flair and design sensitivity.
- Knowledge of commonly used UI/UX software is a must (Adobe XD, Illustrator, Sketch, etc…)
- Good knowledge of specialist’ software (polygonal modelling i.e., Maya, Blender, 3DS Max, etc. or even Kanzi or Principle) are a plus of course.
Concept Designer (Permanent) – India
As part of an exceptional pool of Concept Designers, the successful candidate will initiate creative ideation for all Tata Motors PV/EV/CV programs involving the Indian design studio. This position is critical in maintaining a competitive market advantage for Tata Motors, which has been recognised for significant design achievements by customers and the media in recent times.
With the ability to generate creative, original, and compelling design concepts for the exteriors and interiors of Tata Motors products, based on provided design briefs and Tata Motors Design DNA principles, the successful candidate will offer:
- Masters-level qualification in Automotive Design from a reputed institution in India or abroad. Suitable Product Design PGs can also be considered.
- Expert-level Adobe Photoshop rendering skills, non-digital sketching skills, strong awareness of automotive design trends and contexts, ability to translate design briefs into appropriate visual outcomes, and good team communication.
- Familiarity with Alias Studio, Clay Modelling and Adobe Illustrator will be additional advantages.
How to apply
Tata Design works with Jonathan Lee Recruitment for all available roles. To apply, send your CV and your portfolio (where relevant), along with an introduction email to Jonathan Lee at [email protected]jonlee.co.uk . Please include the reference number for the position in the subject line of your email application.