Tesla, CMF Design Intern
Tesla is expediting the world’s shift to renewable energy sources. We provide the greatest solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric cars in the world, allowing consumers to generate, store, and use energy in a completely sustainable manner. For every field, Tesla is committed to acquiring and developing elite people from across the world. Tesla’s headquarters are in California, but the company’s staff is spread across four continents. We want to provide a welcoming atmosphere where people of all genders, races, religions, and backgrounds may come to accomplish their best work. Our world-class teams follow a unique multidisciplinary cooperation philosophy. Every team members are expected to challenge and be pushed, as well as to develop and innovate. We are working on some of the world’s most challenging and pressing issues, and we could not do it without our common desire to make the world a better place.
CMF Designer (M/F/D), California
You will be exposed to all elements of the CMF design and development process as a CMF Design intern. This includes, but is not limited to, the following items:
- Ideate, conceptualise, and generate colour, material, and finish design concepts for Tesla designs.
- Create CMF presentations in both digital and print formats that illustrate a future vision for Tesla designs.
- To execute production of final CMF designs, collaborate and plan with cross-functional teams, including design and manufacturing.
- Colour, materials, and finishes for all vehicle exterior and interior surfaces must be developed and mastered.
- Assist the CMF Design documentation and release process.
- Manage all active projects.
- Develop and maintain connections with vendors and suppliers.
- Includes individual research to find new resources, materials, and technologies, as well as obtaining samples for the CMF materials collection to organise and manage.
- A bachelor’s degree in colour and material design, transportation design, industrial design, or textile design is now being pursued.
- Work or internship experience in the fields of design or fashion, as well as experience working for a car manufacturer
- Having a basic understanding of the car design process as well as the colour and material production processes is essential.
- Strong interest in fashion and interior design, as well as digital skills such as visualisation applications, video editing, and MS Office, Knowledge of 3-d software’s will be good
- Excellent communication skills and a strong sense of teamwork
- Good analytical skills and a self-sufficient work style
- Intercultural skills and a willingness to travel are required.
- Strong problem-solving abilities, as well as a demonstrated capacity to pick up new information rapidly.
- Demonstrated ability to complete complex projects under time constraints.
- Good command over English.
How to apply
The best way to apply is to use our online application system.