Toyota is hiring: Digital Sculptor at Calty Design Research Inc.
Toyota is hiring-Calty Design Research, Inc. is part of Toyota’s global design network and contributes innovative design concepts for a diverse vehicle lineup. Calty’s primary goal is to research market trends and create innovative vehicle designs that reflect US tastes as well as other global markets. We participate in a variety of project activities, including experimental concepts, advanced, competition and production design for the Toyota and Lexus brands.
These design solutions are often shared and developed in collaboration with other Toyota design, planning, engineering and manufacturing groups in Japan and the US. Our goal at Calty is to bring passion and creativity to every aspect of our design work. We invite you to explore career opportunities at Calty and a chance to be a part of our exciting journey.
We are currently seeking a skilled Digital Sculptor specializing in polygon and newer modeling technology for our Advanced Design Studio located in Newport Beach, California. You will work closely with automotive designers to quickly develop conceptual 3D surfaces and forms.
Job – CAD Modeling
Job Code – CAL0003W
Primary Location – US-CA-Orange County-Newport Beach
Organization – Calty Design Research, Inc.
Ideal candidate will possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Industrial or Transportation design;
- 5+ years’ experience as a digital designer in the automotive industry;
- Proficiency in Polygon/Subdivision modeling using softwares such as Alias, Maya, Blender and other related software;
- Knowledge of 3D rendering software, such as VRED, Keyshot, or other equivalent software;
- Talent and ability to develop 2D sketch to a 3D digital surface applying aesthetic and design sensibility;
- Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to thrive under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work as a team to execute design vision.
Portfolios are required for consideration. Email a PDF or web link to [email protected]. Reference job “Digital Sculptor.”
How to Apply
Applicants must provide a portfolio of work as part of their application. Applications and CVs are only accepted via the job link.