VR Artist, Lucid Motors
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility. We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience. Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
As an ideal candidate, you must exhibit a positive attitude and be passionate about creating quality work. You should have the ability to learn quickly and work effectively in a fast-paced, highly creative environment where initiative is celebrated.
- Have a passion for creating and implementing world class VR experiences.
- Possess a thorough understanding of how to set up efficient and reliable VR files with stable software and hardware interactions.
- Know how to optimize poly counts, draw calls, use real-time vs. baked lighting, create UV maps, set up materials, create material scans, etc.
- Be familiar with developing and using automated data pipelines.
- Have a deep understanding of photographic principles and image composition.
- Create compelling and immersive photo-realistic stills or animations from 3D data.
- Possess effective communication skills and collaborate with a wide spectrum of teams including Design, Brand, CMF, Marketing and Data Prep.
- Work at our HQ in Newark, CA (SF Bay Area)
- Expert knowledge of Autodesk VRED, Unreal, Photoshop, and Substance (experience with Cinema 4D, Maya, or Unity a plus)
- A strong portfolio of creative and dramatic automotive visualization.
- A proactive and self-motivated work methodology.
- A good understanding of post processing, animation and web-based assets.
- Python experience would be valuable.
- A passion for pushing the envelope in the VR and XR landscape
- Willing to live in the SF Bay Area and relocate if necessary
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity – we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 vaccination requirement as a condition of gainful employment within the United StatesAt Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased transmissibility with recent variants, all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States, must provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses) based on the manufacturer’s guidelines on their first day of employment. Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be considered. To submit for your medical or religious exemption, please complete our secure form here. Once reviewed, a member of our employee relations team will reach out to you with a determination.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
How to Apply
Applicants must provide a portfolio of work as part of their application. Applications and CVs are only accepted via the job link.