ZOOX is hiring on the post of CMF Designer
ZOOX is hiring – Zoox Industrial Design is a team of dreamers and creators who believe in the beauty, function and value that good design can bring to the world. We are focused on the pursuit of mobility for all through our vehicle and hardware design. We champion a philosophy of balance and harmony in our products to delight the individual and create a positive impact on the greater community. As a member of this team, you will be joining our efforts to embrace these principles and design the future of Zoox autonomous mobility.
ZOOX is hiring – CMF Designer, Foster city, CA
Your experience in the automotive CMF design space, design sensibilities and pulse on future trends will support the team’s goal of telling an authentic story through a CMF narrative that works in harmony with the physical product design. Using our holistic design process you will lead and manage the CMF design direction from concept to production, working to understand and meet the needs of Zoox and cross-functional teams. Join our team and bring your passion, eye for detail and positive teamwork as we embark on the next chapter of Zoox vehicle and hardware design.
- Develop and manage CMF design themes for our vehicle and hardware products from early concept through production
- Design and develop CMF design strategies that align to the Zoox vision and brand
- Work closely and collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver completed, on time and high quality vehicle and hardware CMF designs
- Create high quality digital and physical presentation materials that communicate the design intent at any phase in a project and present design concepts to internal teams and executives
- Develop and manage vendors for both conceptual and production methods, materials, samples and processes
- Participate in design trend and market research to understand and explore CMF opportunities for current and future products
- Contribute to the evolving teamwork, design culture and processes in the studio
- 7+ years of automotive or similar design studio experience
- Mass production, concept and one-off vehicle (or similar) product launch experience
- Ability to create and promote digital and physical CMF theme and mock-up designs
- Experience managing internal Studio and production CMF design projects and processes
- Ability and desire to work and communicate well with internal, cross-functional and executive teams
- Hands-on experience and collaboration with industry vendors and suppliers
- Passion and desire to contribute to the autonomous mobility space
Employees working in this position will be required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. An applicant is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Applicants will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal and local laws.
Follow Zoox on LinkedIn
A Final Note: You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.